Skip to main content

Drew the Architect & Jeff Jupiter - Drewpiter Vol. 1 (2014)



Artist: Drew the Architect & Jeff Jupiter
Album: Drewpiter Vol. 1
Location: Florida, United States
Genres: Cloud Rap, Instrumental Hip Hop
Year Released: 2014
Format(s) Released: Bandcamp

Explanation: 

When I made the hiddenlist I was looking more towards "an album for each scene/crew/movement/etc" and I asked a TeamSESH expert to just give me something actually lost from the team. This was one of the releases he was looking for. 

Drew the Architect is a beatmaker and producer mostly known for his work in the internet rap collective, TeamSESH. He's been active for over 10 years, working on the cloud rap sound and frequently working with BONES. 

Not really sure who Jeff Jupiter is. Taking a look at his RYM page he just appears to be a cloud rap producer from that era. He's still active to this day with his most recent (at the time of writing) release back in November of 2023. He mostly just goes by Jupiter now though.

In 2013 they collaborated to make Drewpiter Vol. 1. No other volumes were ever made.

This is a small beat tape with a few cloud rap beats on it. TheRainForest is really good with a very calming and nocturnal feel. Like a rain forest at night. Awake is good too, a nice near-ambient guitar loop and some chill drums. And I swear I know the sample on EmeraldIsland. I've heard it somewhere else. This EP just reminded me that I really should listen to more SESH stuff. I've always liked their sound. 

Reasons for Disappearance: I don't know why it was deleted. Maybe Drew and Jeff had a falling out? Maybe they thought it wasn't good enough? Who knows? All I know is that in circa 2015 the EP was deleted and never acknowledged thereafter. It has since been recovered and linked below for your listening pleasure. 

Download: aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZpbGUvekV3aVZSSUIjczBXTEdtdFpleGk4WExLdUNnc2Rxc0VXdDgyMkFaa1ZqMHYxb01kQkFydw==
Password: drewpiter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chad Warden - Fructose (2014)

Artist: Chad Warden Album: Fructose Location: Austin, Texas Genres: Instrumental Hip Hop, Cloud Rap Year Released: 2014-11-01 Date Re-Found / Posted: 2023-09-08 Format(s) Released: Bandcamp Explanation: I'm not sure how I should start this. This isn't an easy post for me to write. I'll start off with how I know the artist. Chad Warden, more commonly known as Reverend JKN was a rapper and producer based out of Austin, Texas. I had first heard of him back in 2015 when he dropped Fringe. I saw it mentioned in a Reddit comment, checked it out and liked it. Didn't really much follow JKN after that. I added all his stuff to RYM of course, but never checked it out further. I like his rap stuff and aside from Fringe he didn't make any. He sort of slipped through the cracks in my radar. My second time listening to him was in 2020 when I was going through old artists I had added. Remembered he had his instrumental Chad Warden project and decided then would be a good time to l...

Knowself - Mind Controlled, Automaton Conformist, Ego Enslaved, Manipulated Materialistic Robot, Indoctrinated Pawn Fool World (2010)

Knowself is a Canadian emcee known for his extremely political and occasionally conspiratorial bars. He has a speedy and incredibly dense flow leading to his bars sounding like water shooting out of a fire hydrant, the listener trying to graps everything firing out.  Lyrics revolve around blunt political statements and incredibly ironic and occasional humourous lyrics. This can even be found in the track title with two songs being called 'Cyber Sludge, Mechanized Slaves, Social Engineering, Weather Modification and High Frequency' and 'Critical Like Alfred Korzybski' and another song called 'Cee!!!!!!! Takes a Long and Painful Crap'. This album in particular has some of Knowself's fasted rhymes. This album was previously distributed via CDBaby and became lost media when CDBaby shut its service down. Knowself has not been active since the mid-2010s so any chance of re-issuing this is slim to none. This was recorded back in 1999 but never saw release until 201...

Vito Genovese - The Island (2010)

  Artist: Vito Genovese Album: The Island Location: Port Richey, United States Genres (Primary, Seconday, Influence): Slowcore, Post-Rock, Hypnagogic Pop, Blogspot Scene Year Released: 2010 Date Refound / Posted: 2023-05-28 Format(s) Released: Mp3-via-RYM Explanation: Vito Genovese is a legendary electronic artist. With a cavalcade of albums across different aliases, the founder one of the largest vaporwave labels in history (DMT Tapes FL with over 1K releases out) to becoming one of the most accomplished and in my opinion one of the greatest vaporwave artists of all time. Before he had an epiphany and entered the vaporwave movement he was an electronic musician who blended slowcore, hypnagogic pop, the blogspot scene and more into these emotive and depressive releases. From about 2008 to 2012 he relased a bucnh of these records. The Island is one of them. It was a fusion of different styles with some tracks featuring Vito playing guitar and singing with reverb and stuff, some indi...